Catherine Llamido is a communications strategist based in Washington, DC with over six years of experience specializing in media relations, digital strategy and branding.
With a love for storytelling, creativity and culture, Catherine fell in love working with brands to help foster relationships and create inspiring impact. Through strategic, contemporary methods, she works closely with emerging and established brands from corporate retail to nonprofits, health communication and government, to food and lifestyle. By cultivating and honing integrated marketing strategies to engage with niche audiences, Catherine provides media outreach to garner earned news coverage in top tier media publications and develops buzzworthy influential digital campaigns for her clients.
Some of her clientele and past work over the years includes the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Sowing Economic Empowerment and Development (SEED), Cultural Tourism DC's Passport DC and Embassy Chef Challenge, the National PTA, Walmart, Red Gold Tomatoes, Heart Rhythm Society, Breakfast in the Classroom and more.
Catherine, an avid foodie herself, launched a tasteful community platform for boba tea tastemakers and connoisseurs alike called The Boba Social. Outside of her 9 to 5, she is also the founder and principal consultant of her lifestyle boutique PR firm HNYDEW.
- Featured in Washington Women in Public Relations Power Points blog series
- Included in AdAge's Agency Brief: Cultural Trends, Tanzanian Teens and Everything in Between" article
- Presented at 2017 ColorComm Conference on "The Future of ColorComm" pitch competition
- Recognized as one of nine fellows for ColorComm: Women of Color in Communications 2017 Fellowship Program
- Presented at National PTA's 2016 National Conference "Social Media Best Practices" workshop with Good Housekeeping editor Meagan Murphy
- Presented at National PTA's 2016 National Legislative Conference workshop "Creating More Traffic: Using Your PTA Voice in the 21st Century"
- Hosted National PTA's "Digital Communication Best Practices: Leverage Digital Platforms to Engage" webinar
- Co-hosted U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs VA News Episode 550
- Quoted in SumAll's "The Social Media Best Practices Handbook: 13 Experts Give Their Perspective on the Industry" article
- Recognized as 2013 Ketchum's MindFire Winner, a business challenge that Ketchum posts on behalf of their Fortune 500 clients
A proud Terp, Catherine graduated from University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in communications. When she's not on her laptop, she's probably treating herself to a cosmo-tai at Drybar or drinking a London fog latte...okay and maybe a boba milk tea.
For her full resume, connect with Catherine on LinkedIn.